YAHOO.COM – The Seth Rogen-Zac Efron hit Neighbors was a crude, raunchy comedy riot, and it turns out there was even more crudeness and raunchiness left on the cutting room floor. In fact, director Nicholas Stoller shot two entire opening sequences that never saw the dark of movie theaters.
Both will be available on the Neighbors DVD and Blu-ray (available Sept. 23), and you can watch the first scene exclusively above. In the theatrical version, Efron and Dave Franco’s Delta Psi Beta fraternity has just relocated next door to Rogen, Rose Byrne, and family. We know they were kicked out of their previous house, but it’s never made clear what their infractions and/or indiscretions were.
The alternate opening scene above shows them, mid-party, rounding up the necessary booty (shrooms, cash, moonshine, a copy of The King’s Speech) to make an epic trade with a campus dealer. Spoiler alert: They’re buying military grade explosives, and what follows is an explosively funny fireworks display well worth the cost of house expulsion — or at the very least, a Blu-ray.
Category: Film Productions
HOLLYWOODREPORTER.COM – Lionsgate announced release dates for two upcoming projects: sequel Now You See Me 2 and roadtrip comedy Dirty Grandpa.
Dirty Grandpa (working title) will star Zac Efron and Robert De Niro, as The Hollywood Reporter exclusively reported during the Toronto Film Festival.
The comedy, which is slated for release on Dec. 25, 2015, follows an uptight, soon-to-be-married man who is tricked into driving his foul-mouthed grandfather, a former Army general, to Florida for spring break.
Dan Mazer is directing the film from a script by John Phillips. Barry Josephson, Bill Block and Michael Simkin are producing.
The Lionsgate film will open up against other Christmas 2015 wide releases, including Mission Impossible 5, The Revenant and Joy.
Zac Efron stars in a new teaser trailer for upcoming electronic dance music film ‘We Are your Friends’, directed by Catfish’s very own Max Joseph.
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., July 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Good fences aren’t nearly enough to keep things neighborly when a non-stop rager breaks out in the suburbs next door to sleep-deprived new parents in the comedy blockbuster, Neighbors, available on DIGITAL HD August 12, 2014 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The outrageously funny comedy will arrive on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack including Blu-ray™, DVD, Digital HD with UltraViolet™ and On Demand September 23, 2014. Both the Digital HD and Blu-ray™ include a never-before-seen uproarious Alternate Opening that Yahoo! Movies’ Kevin Polowy hails as “explosively funny.” The Alternate Opening reveals just how the boys of Delta Psi Beta came to suburbia. The Neighbors Blu-ray™ Combo Pack will also include additional bonus features including a Gag Reel, Line-O-Rama, Behind The Scenes interviews and more.
Director Nicholas Stoller (Get Him to the Greek, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) breaks out the bros, booze, and babes in an over-the-top laugh-fest critics have praised as “hilariously funny from beginning to end” (ComingSoon.net). Seth Rogen (This Is The End, 50/50), Zac Efron (The Lucky One, That Awkward Moment) and Rose Byrne (Bridesmaids, the Insidious series) star in a comedy about a young couple suffering from arrested development who are forced to live next to a fraternity house after the birth of their newborn baby. High-octane antics are also supplied by a supporting cast that includes comedy all-stars Dave Franco (21 Jump Street, Now You See Me), Christopher Mintz-Plasse (This Is the End, Superbad), Jerrod Carmichael (“The Goodwin Games,” upcoming Untitled Jerrod Carmichael Project) and Craig Roberts (Submarine, Jane Eyre) in a movie hailed by critics as “this generation’s Animal House” (Aint It Cool News).
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
Bonus Features Exclusive to Digital HD and Blu-rayTM:
- Alternate Opening: Uncover the mystery of how the original Delta Psi Beta house was destroyed and how the neighbors became neighbors.
- Deleted/Alternate Scenes
- On the Set with…: Dave Franco provides a tour around the frat’s fundraiser (aka dildo sale), while Christopher Mintz-Plasse talks about and demonstrates his special “prop”.
Blu-rayTM and DVD Bonus Features:
- Gag Reel: The entire cast contributes to these hilarious on-set flubs.
- Line-O-Rama: The laughs continue take after take in this improvisational extended scene!
- An Unlikely Pair: Take a behind-the-scenes look at the unlikely pairing of comedic veteran Seth Rogen and heartthrob Zac Efron.
- Partying with the Neighbors: Parties, babies and crazy friends; these three elements lead to some of the funniest moments on the screen and on set.
- The Frat: Learn more about Delta Psi Beta – the current frat brothers, the legends of Delta Psi that came before, and current whipping boy, Ass-Juice.